Pakistan Travel Forum

Plan Pakistan trip by asking travel questions, and reading Pakistan travel reviews. Information and advice about Pakistan destinations, Pakistan hotels, restaurants, and Pakistan travel itineraries.

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2018-04-03 08:24:55

HarryJenkinsViTELL Niem

mountaineering types re: boots/crampons

Hi,

So it's time for me to get some new hiking boots. I'm looking at something pretty heavy, with a pretty rigid sole definitely. Mostly I'm hiking on trails and have no occasion to deal with glaciers and icefields. I'd like to start doing some climbs of a few of the local Cascades though, maybe working up to Rainier in a couple years. In looking at boots, I'm seeing a definite division between heavy hiking boots and mountaineering boots, even before you get to the plastic shell sort of thing at the very high level.
There doesn't seem to be too much of a price difference between the two, but the mountaineering boots will generally have a large lip for crampons to lock in to. I've also seen crampons though, that pretty much just use straps to connect to the boot. If I get some heavy hiking boots, and strap on crampons, will that be an acceptable solution for what probably will amount to ice hiking, rather than ice climbing? If this will not work, am I making any sacrifices besides weight to use a mountaineering boot for general hiking?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic … p;t=465367
Blockchain digital marketing

Thank you.

2018-04-03 08:24:55

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Board footer